Second week and we are still going good.
I feel as though we had a little advantage over most people doing the challenge, as my wife (Fromalditoharrods) got sent £150 worth of meat to review from Musclefood. So yeah we had enough meat to give some to our parents for a few meals and still leaving a whole load of meals for ourselves. On the negative side though our oven has also broken so we are having to rely on a Halogen Oven, which is a bit on the small side, whilst we try to get in touch with our landlord to sort it out.
We have still had to top ourselves up with essentials and have spent £24, this did include some flowers and a pack of cheese-strings (I know not essential but so tasty).
These are the evening meals we have eaten since Saturday 24th Oct:
- Belly Pork and mash
- Roast Chicken with vegetables and Roasties
- Hunter's Chicken with homemade chips
- Pasta and Sausages
- Meatballs and Pasta with flatbread. We love our meatballs and they was free.
- Stuffed butternut with a red cabbage, kale and apple salad.
- Cucumber and cheese sandwich. We were out and had a free voucher to eat at Frankie & Bennie's due to a complaint and wasn't hungry in the evening.
As I said earlier our evening meals have been thrown out a bit since we can't actually cook anything in our oven now, thankfully we have the halogen oven, which although small was a life saver, but we did have to change our plans a little due to the slight change in cooking methods. Which is why we ended up having a couple of pasta meals.
I shall be creating a recipe for the Stuffed butternut with a red cabbage, kale and apple salad soon.
Has this sort of thing happened to you before? Planning an amazing meal and the oven breaking or something else going wrong?
This post contains an affiliate link.