How often do you go shopping buy your groceries and come home to discover you already have it or can't fit it in your fridge or freezer because you forgot about the amount of room you had in them. We have ended up doing that a few times, though I wonder at how much that is due to reduction items.
As such my wife (Fromalditoharrods) and I are going to be doing a little challenge for ourselves for the following four weeks. With me currently signed off work due to injury and my wife going to be self employed soon this is I think the perfect time to do this little challenge and save some extra pounds and pennies. The rules we shall be following are below.
- Starts Saturday 17th October.
- Will last for a target of four weeks.
- Budget £20 a week. Not including pet supplies.
- Can only buy fresh vegetables, fruit, milk, butter and bread.
- Can buy amazing reductions, though will have to be amazing, at our discretion.
- To cook a new recipe each week we have not tried before.
- Over the course of this challenge we are allowed to have two takeaways and two meals out.
- Will report every Friday with the meal plan from the last week.
- The long term aim of this challenge is half to save money and half make room in our cupboards and freezers.
Do you want me to post just about the main meals or about everything for each week? Does anyone have any tips or advise that they want to share? Please comment below.