This post may contain affiliate links.
With the death of the oven going into the third week, it has been a bit more problematic, as we can only cook using a small halogen oven, slow cooker and hobs. We are however still going strong with eating through the cupboards. We managed to get in touch with our landlord however, and he came on Tuesday to inspect the oven but it doesn't look like it will be fixed until next week.
Our essentials bill for this week has come to a nice little £17
These are the evening meals we have eaten since Saturday 31st Oct:
- Tasty Halloween Chinese Takeaway Treat.
- Homemade Nandos Chicken with red cabbage, kale and apple.
- Chili and nachos
- Chicken sausages with peas, corn on the cob and mash
- Sausage and pasta
- Emma went out with a friend for a meal, and as I wasn't feeling too hungry so I just had a sandwich.
- Meal out with Wife and Father-in-law. Didn't have an evening meal due to late lunch whilst out.
This week was more about finding meals to cook with our smaller oven and slow cooker. As such we haven't been able to try anything new which is disappointing, maybe if oven repaired fast enough try out two new meals next week.
What is the longest you have had to go without an oven?